We believe that generosity has the power to create profound change in the world, and in the heart of the giver.
With that in mind, it’s our mission to move the needle on global generosity by helping nonprofits better connect with and inspire their givers.
Our Core Values
We build audacious ideas that accelerate philanthropy and dismantle the status quo.
Display Radical Generosity
We are generous with our time & talent as we serve our team and the nonprofit community.
Stay Humble & Enjoy the Journey
We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously.
We’re always interested in stellar Sales Talent! Though we don’t have an opening at this time, we encourage you to apply for future opportunities.
Virtuous is looking for a motivated, and purposeful marketing and sales professional with experience in value-based sales development to join our growing team.
You’ll be responsible for a named account list of nonprofit organizations we seek to partner with. You’ll spend your days engaging with multiple departments within target organizations to generate pipeline, facilitate qualifying calls and conduct ROI evaluations with key decision makers, and execute a seamless handoff of qualified accounts to Account Executives.
In addition to daily account development and fielding inbound leads, you’ll partner with marketing and sales to design and execute individualized outreach emails and plays that engage your assigned accounts.
Nonprofit Sales Development Reps are a critical part of our growth plan and essential as we rapidly increase the number of nonprofits we serve. You’ll report to the NDR Manager and focus on three primary areas to generate pipeline: target account research, outbound account development and engagement, and inbound account qualification and booking.
You’ll Be Responsible For
Account Development — 85%
- Fielding inbound sales leads including demo requests, in-market intent leads, and brand event leads
- Using multiple channels and tactics to maintain a high volume of outbound outreach activities each day to multiple stakeholders within assigned nonprofit organizations
- Using strategy and creativity to reach key decision makers within provided target accounts
- Facilitating qualifying calls and conducting ROI evaluations with high-level key decision makers
- Systematically qualify, build, and manage an accurate sales process within HubSpot (our CRM platform)
- Consistently practice data hygiene within HubSpot which includes clearing tasks, creating new tasks when needed, and documenting detailed notes of each call/interaction with your account
- Becoming an expert in responsive fundraising to ensure you’re equipped to ask insightful questions, overcome challenges, and - understand the complex needs of each organization
- Consistently meet quarterly quotas through a proactive approach to growth, and implementing feedback
- Working closely with commercial and enterprise account executives to efficiently and effectively move quality leads through deal stages
Field Marketing — 15%
- Source target accounts to activate for marketing activities, such as education webinars and conferences, and map out strategic ways to drive engagement across your accounts
- Manage promotion activities to your target accounts surrounding field marketing activities
- Work closely with account executives to strategically work accounts at field events
- Provide detailed reports on the status and ROI of field marketing activities
- Document and share lead / customer intelligence with the sales team
- Attend relevant trade shows, events, and conference (travel required)
You Must Have
- 2+ years of sales or marketing experience (to or within nonprofit organizations preferred)
- Positive attitude, extremely flexible, and committed drive to build relationships
- Familiarity working within HubSpot
- Excellent communication skills - clear, effective, & persuasive written and verbal skills
- Experience working within B2B tech industry (preferred)
- Understanding of CRM functionality and ability to talk technically around customer/donor relationship management
- Understanding of the nonprofit sector, fundraising, and donor relationship managementInterest in a fast-paced environment, focused on account research and outreach through email, video, and phone
- Outgoing attitude and proven ability to build rapport quickly with new people - in writing, in-person, and by phone
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player in a fast-paced, ever changing, and exciting environment
- Disciplined and highly organized self-starter who’s coachable and not afraid to ask questions and dive in
- Results-oriented mindset - experience/consistent performance in a deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
You’ll be successful if
You get things done
At Virtuous, we’re doers. We don’t invest time on over-planning or creating decks. We just do. You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small. You keep your cool under pressure and know how to prioritize your responsibilities. And when you need help, you’re not afraid to ask.
You’re generous and a great communicator
You listen first and with intent to understand. You’re humble, operate with poise, dignity and reliability. You can articulate your vision clearly both verbally and in writing. You’re transparent and keep everyone in the know so the job gets done efficiently and effectively. You seek to find common ground and collective vision amongst various stakeholders.
You’re agile and a problem solver
You know how to articulate and roll out plans, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You use every opportunity to learn, especially when things fail. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
You live by to-dos and timelines. You can handle and prioritize multiple projects and threads at once. You can turn any meeting or email thread into actionable items. You’re known for moving things forward. You have a team ethosYou thrive in a creative, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other teams and enjoy bringing people together to achieve a goal. People enjoy working with you because they know they can trust you.
The Revenue Team is a growing group of nonprofit transplants, purposeful marketing and sales pros, and community builders. We're working side-by-side to create customer-centric campaigns, product-driven narratives and a powerful brand that inspires a focus on scaling customer growth and building brand trust through. Our mission is to power responsive nonprofits that are delivering delightful donor experiences — leading to greater generosity.