Director of Marketing
Sinapis is seeking a driven, experienced marketing professional to lead our global marketing team. This is a unique opportunity for a talented individual to join a dynamic team united around a compelling mission. Sinapis has experienced strong growth over the past few years, and the right candidate will step into a healthy organization primed for exponential impact.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for leading strategy, planning, organizing, and directing all of the Sinapis global marketing efforts including branding, the Sinapis website, annual reports, storytelling, communications, and events. The Director of Marketing will work closely with our staff in East Africa to collect stories, advise on best practices, and collaborate in order to support our Training & Alumni and Acceleration & Advisory business unit goals. As a member of the Executive Team, the Director of Marketing will be involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and professional development initiatives and work closely with the CEO and the Board of Directors in all marketing endeavors.
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Indianapolis, IN preferred, but remote candidates will be considered
Expected hours: Full-time
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and industry averages
- Lead organizational marketing strategy, creating an integrated marketing communications plan with measurable goals
- Manage Sinapis global brand for consistency, excellence, and overall vision, ensuring that all marketing materials are in line with Sinapis’ brand identity including website, social media, annual/impact reports, events, webinars, and curriculum
- Produce high-quality story-telling assets that clarify the message and work of Sinapis in entrepreneurs’ lives, businesses, and communities
- Support implementation for marketing our entrepreneurship training programs and alumni networks in Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda
- Partner with our CEO and Director of Development to manage thought leadership and our marketing strategy with donors, partners, and investors
- Develop innovative ways to build brand awareness in East Africa and for Sinapis Global
- Provide East Africa Marketing Manager with resources and training for consistency/support in market
- Build and manage our global marketing team to coordinate with the CEO and Board to successfully hit annual fundraising targets
- Collaborate with the CEO and Global Administration Manager in building and adhering to budgets
- Assist Director of Development with lead generation, donor communications, fundraising special events, and fundraising campaigns
- Demonstrate the Sinapis core values of being relational, excellent, joyful, open-handed, innovative, Christ-centered, eager to serve, and a wise steward (REJOICES)
- Lean forward to meet other needs of your manager and team as anticipated or assigned
- You’re a Christian who wants to live out your God-given calling with a growing international organization
- A heart for our mission and a passion for alleviating poverty through private sector development
- Strong character and integrity
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, business, communications, or a related field
- Experience working cross-culturally
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Solid understanding of business, entrepreneurship, and missions
- Ability to work independently in a small team environment
- Experience traveling or living in emerging market nations, particularly Africa
- Experience developing and managing marketing systems for international NGOs
- Proficiency with Salesforce and Hubspot
- MBA or MA in a related field
Our mission is to make disciples and alleviate poverty through the power of entrepreneurship. We have equipped over 8,000 entrepreneurs in emerging market nations to grow their businesses while making a social and spiritual impact in their community. We blend intensive faith-based business training with acceleration and advisory services and access to capital. Our services are offered by our staff in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and through partnership in Ghana, Liberia, Egypt, Brazil, Mongolia, Mexico, Mozambique, and Burundi.
What you can expect
- Deep, fulfilling impact. This is a mission impacting hundreds of thousands of lives economically, socially, and spiritually
- Charting a new course for poverty alleviation and advancing the gospel in hard places. Creating awareness of the Sinapis brand plays an essential role in making it possible for us to equip entrepreneurs to grow companies that provide jobs for the poor and fuel the growth of the church from inside challenging places
- World-class economic development experience. We work at the frontier and the leading edge of private-sector development, and you’ll gain excellent experience in enterprise solutions to poverty
If you are interested in applying
Please submit your application on sinapis.com/careers. You must include a resume and a one-page cover letter that addresses the following:
- What motivated you to apply for this role?
- Sinapis is a Christian organization with a mission of making disciples and alleviating poverty through the power of entrepreneurship. Briefly describe what this mission means to you.
- In your own words, what makes a Director of Marketing highly effective?
- What else would you like to share with us as we consider your application? (You may discuss expected constraints, personal circumstances, professional aspirations, or anything else you feel would be relevant for the hiring committee to consider).
We are excited to read your cover letter. Please note that applications without the required materials will not be considered.