Chief Program Officer
Redeem International's mission is to protect widows and orphans from violent abuse and exploitation.
For widows and orphans in Uganda, land is life. Land is a family's primary source of food, shelter, income, security, savings, and social standing. Unfortunately, land is also a coveted asset that attracts the attention of violent opportunists who leverage their superior resources, social standing, and brute strength to tear widows, orphans, and their families from the homes they live in and the land they depend on for survival.
Redeem combats land theft from Uganda's widows and orphans by deploying multi-disciplinary teams of Ugandan professionals to ensure that the laws protecting these women and children are consistently enforced. These Intervention Teams partner with local law enforcement authorities in individual land theft cases, restoring victims to their homes and prosecuting the criminals who have abused them. They then broadcast the results of each case as a warning to those who might consider engaging in land theft in the future. Over the course of each Intervention Team’s six-year deployment, their work creates a powerful deterrent impact that prevents future land theft abuses and protects all of the widows and orphans in the community.
Redeem’s long-term vision is to scale its intervention model to protect widows and orphans across Uganda, across Africa, and ultimately across the developing world. As Redeem's Chief Program Officer, you will partner with Redeem’s leadership in delivering effective and efficient programs that provide protection to some of the world’s most vulnerable widows and orphans. Specific responsibilities include:
- Supporting Redeem’s CEO and global leadership in setting and refining Redeem’s overarching strategy;
- Ensuring that all program delivery efforts are consistent with Redeem’s mission and hedgehog principle;
- Fostering a culture of excellence that is consistent with Redeem’s Christian identity and core values;
- Partnering with Redeem’s COO in developing realistic expense projections and actionable growth plans;
- Partnering with Redeem’s CEO and Uganda Nat’l Director in refining and executing the program strategy;
- Serving as a technical consultant and professional mentor to Redeem’s Uganda Director of Programs;
- Leading the continued development of Redeem’s programmatic objectives, standards, and definitions;
- Overseeing selection, implementation and integration of all program management systems and platforms;
- Directing development of internal program manuals, policies, guidance, template, and trainings;
- Providing program staff with guidance on technical issues arising from their programmatic activities;
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Providing all levels of leadership with program data and feedback to inform optimal decision-making;
- Serving as a technical consultant and professional mentor to Redeem’s Uganda M&E Manager;
- Evaluating and updating the methods for measuring and evaluating the impact of Redeem’s programs;
- Evaluating and updating the methods for monitoring programmatic activities, outputs, and performance;
- Overseeing selection, implementation and integration of program data collection systems and platforms;
- Consulting with Redeem’s Uganda Nat’l Director in setting country, team and individual performance targets;
- Ensuring that all program data is readily available, easily understood, and unquestionably accurate;
- Collaborating with Redeem’s CEO and global leadership on establishing criteria for program expansion;
- Identifying, vetting and prioritizing opportunities for program expansion into future host countries;
- Designing and leading implementation of Redeem’s plans to establish a presence in new host countries;
- Communicating with donors, supporters, media and other outside parties about Redeem’s work;
- Participating in Redeem’s professional development and spiritual formation activities;
- Supporting other teams within Redeem in the achievement of their objectives; and
- Completing other duties as assigned.
Redeem strives to build a culture of Christian excellence that reflects the following four core values:
- We love each other well;
- We don’t make easy things hard;
- We measure by results; and
- We are joyful in our work.
Redeem is looking for a highly skilled and responsible individual who will reflect these values while leading Redeem’s global program delivery. Specific attributes include:
- Required: Masters in Business Administration, Juris Doctor, Development, or similar relevant discipline;
- Required: Ten or more years of experience in project management, executive leadership, or similar role;
- Preferred: Professional experience in law enforcement, legal practice, and/or monitoring & evaluation;
- Preferred: Hands-on experience with Redeem’s intervention model or similar intervention models;
- Preferred: Experience implementing and managing complex multi-dimensional data platforms;
- Preferred: Experience working in start-up, international, matrixed, and/or faith-based organizations;
- Required: Mastery of practical implementation of project design and management concepts;
- Required: Understanding of M&E concepts utilized in international development and the justice sector;
- Required: Professional competence in working in online project management and M&E databases;
- Required: Emotional intelligence, relationship building, and both written and verbal communication skills;
- Preferred: Knowledge and functionality in quantitative and qualitative data analysis software programs;
- Preferred: Understanding of Google and Zoho business suites, and Click-Up project management platform;
- Required: Mature Christian faith;
- Required: High degree of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Required: Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and ability to work on a multidisciplinary team;
- Required: Excellent independent professional judgment and ethical decision-making;
- Required: Innovative and creative problem solving in the face of complex nuanced issues;
- Required: Persistence and tenacity in the face of difficult problems or challenges;
- Required: Commitment to meet deadlines and achieve results in a fast-paced environment; and
- Required: Love-motivated service orientation toward colleagues, partners, and even adversaries.
Envisioned start date is October 2023. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chief Program Officer will report to Redeem’s Chief Executive Officer. The position will be remote, based in the United States or Uganda and will require frequent domestic and international travel.