Chief of Staff
Prevention Now is an innovative nonprofit leveraging collaborative partnerships and cutting-edge technology to prevent human trafficking in the US. We want to stop human trafficking before it starts.
We are a fast-paced, dynamic start-up building a team of curious, innovative, people-centered experts driven by the vision that data and collaborative partnerships can create a world where no person fears violence.
We are led by and live out our core values:
● Passion – We are deeply connected in both head and heart about the importance and urgency of preventing human trafficking.
● Courage – We encourage and practice vulnerable leadership and innovative problem-solving, pursuing opportunities and challenges without fear of failing.
● Grace - We find joy in and give freely of our time, energy and resources and we also humbly receive those things given to us as well.
● Community – We value people. We cherish the qualities and experiences that make us unique and believe we are stronger together. We are intentional about developing diverse, collaborative relationships, and value our differences.
● Live Out of Rest – We believe that we can offer the best to this important work when we live a life out of a place of rest. We pursue this both individually and corporately.
About the Role
This exciting new role will be a trusted advisor and right-hand to the CEO, operating in a unique position that will utilize strategic planning, operations development and implementation, and product and program management in a complex, fast-paced environment. As Chief of Staff you must have the ability to think globally and act locally, moving seamlessly between strategy and execution.
This role will be a 40 hour/week, one-year independent contract with possibility for extension.
· Great work/life balance that focuses on our core value Live Out of Rest:
· Unlimited, paid sick leave
· 3 weeks paid personal leave
· 10 federal holidays observed
· Fully Remote
· Up to Once Monthly Domestic Travel Required
· Hourly Rate Range: $40-53/hr
Responsibilities Could Include:
Product and Program Management
· Partner with CEO on strategic planning across technical products and programs, to include Go-To-Market strategies.
· Develop and execute on product/program goals, roadmaps, milestones, rhythms
· Lead product/program, cross-functional teams in life-cycle of products/programs
Operations and Systems
· Identify and develop systems across business workflows to streamline work processes and communication.
· Develop system or process for tracking and coordinating projects and deliverables across the organization.
· Establish a clear and efficient communication mechanism with internal and external partners.
Administration and Communications
· Support the CEO and team in communications and administration across the organization.
Education and Experience:
● 5+ years professional experience – nonprofit, technology or start-up company, preferred
● 2+ years experience as a consultant - small-midsize company preferred
● Experience working with technical product teams to provide analytical and strategic thinking, and support for product MVP development and go-to-market strategy and operations.
● Strong familiarity with project/product management methodologies to include Agile. Experience leading Agile teams, preferred.
● Experience leading or managing strategic projects, participating in the design and implementation.
● Experience in the development and implementation of business operations through developing systems and processes.
● Proven track record for identifying risks and implementing mitigations successfully.
Core Qualities and Skills:
· Entrepreneurial spirit, who can develop and lead a new initiative from the ground up or pickup ongoing project and lead to successful delivery
- Ability to balance, lead and advance multiple projects at once
- Flexibility, agility, and willingness to adapt on the fly
- Calm under pressure
- Solution-oriented and problem-solver
- Flourishes working both autonomously and collaboratively with a team
- Capable of synthesizing and translating complex concepts and analysis into a clear messages
· Thrives in ambiguity
- Unyielding focus on quality results
· Ability to move between strategy and execution with an orientation towards detail and eye towards vision.
· Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
· Proactive, self-starter