Capital Campaign Manager
COME CHANGE THE WORLD WITH US!
We rescue children from injustice and equip them to become the adults who can rescue others.
We are planning our biggest ever capital campaign and we need you to manage it.
Our Campaign Manager:
I. Manages the campaign
- Directs key staff and volunteers on campaign assignments, schedule, functions
- Solicitors: Works with committee members and non-committee members, who are related to key prospects; assists them in setting agendas and making appointments with assigned prospects
- Leaders: Assists the Chairs of the ECC and CSC in preparing for and conducting meetings related to the campaign
- Prepares for and supports all the activities related to the committees, making sure meetings are well planned and include adventure and celebration
C. Operates systems for managing the prospect and planning data
D. Oversees design and preparation of materials, events and recognition programs
- Highly values and effectively executes the thanking process as commitments are made and pledges are received
E. Prepares campaign reports and evaluations
- Prepares monthly production reports on activities, potential gifts, gifts solicited but not committed, and total amount committed toward goal
- Prepares reports projecting strategies for various gift levels and timeframes
- Prepares monthly updates of the campaign timetable
F. Works directly with campaign counsel getting guidance and recommendations on A-E (above) and all aspects of the campaign
II. Directs campaign marketing and the cultivation and solicitation of prospects at all levels
A. Trains staff and volunteers
B. Plans, creates and oversees communication strategy
- Monthly insiders’ newsletter and the periodic campaign newsletter
- Email and use of other communication tools, e.g., Facebook, Twitter,
C. Sets strategies and approaches for top prospects
D. Oversees preparation of draft proposals for foundations and corporations
E. Prepares written strategies on all prospects for gifts of $25K or more
To be effective in this role, you must:
● Be passionate about Many Hopes, our mission, our team, our beneficiaries, and our supporters.
● Be extremely organized and detail-focused with excellent follow-up
● Be confident in written and verbal communication with CEO’s and grandmothers
● Be creative in your presentation of facts and initiatives
● Be winsome in holding volunteers/supporters to account for deadlines they agreed to
● Be comfortable and confident rolling up your sleeves and doing the work yourself.
● Be highly personable with a positive outlook on life with the ability to build strong. meaningful relationships
● Act as a results-oriented leader, who outlines clear performance metrics, data, and analytics to deliver against KPIs and constantly drive results
● Act as a self-motivated driver and leader, who can work autonomously