/POSITION: Grants Manager
/ACCOUNTABLE TO: Chief Advancement Officer
/CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Salaried, Exempt
/SALARY RANGE: $65,000-$70,000 + Benefits
/JOB LOCATION: Hybrid preferred but will consider fully remote
/ABOUT LIFE REMODELED:
Life Remodeled works with communities and organizations to create neighborhood revitalization that lasts. Our unique model repurposes vacant school buildings into one-stop hubs of opportunity where families can thrive. We fill these iconic spaces with the best and brightest nonprofit organizations and facilitate collaboration to create far greater life transformation together than was previously possible alone. Together, we ensure more:
- Detroit students perform at/above grade level in math and reading
- Families have access to essential health and wellness services
- Community members obtain higher-paying jobs and achieve economic self-sufficiency
Crain’s Detroit Business has named Life Remodeled one of the best-managed nonprofits in metro Detroit. We also have the highest possible ratings on both Candid/GuideStar with a Platinum Seal of Transparency and Charity Navigator with a perfect 100% Four-Star score.
/DEFINING THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Grants Manager is a pivotal role at Life Remodeled, responsible for overseeing grant prospecting, writing, proposal submissions, acquisition, management, and reporting processes. This role requires a combination of strategic thinking, organizational skills, financial acumen, a keen attention to detail, strong communication skills, and the ability to convey our mission and programs effectively to potential funders. The Grants Manager collaborates with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful grant applications, compliance with grant requirements, and effective utilization of awarded funds.
This position is an opportunity to align your passion and expertise with a thriving organization who is creating measurable and lasting impact with the support of a dynamic Advancement Team (aka "The A-Team”). As an integral member of The A-Team, your grant writing and management skills will further the impact of our youth and community programming. Additionally, your support will help Life Remodeled be able to repurpose more vacant school buildings into opportunity hubs in Detroit and large US cities outside Michigan. Lastly, we believe our Next Level Nonprofit (NLNcoaching.org) organizational operating system is one of the most important new organizational developments in the nonprofit ecosystem, and you will help scale this program nationally, whereby 3,000 nonprofits will be implementing this game-changing methodology by 2033.
/COMMITTED TO OUR CORE VALUES
● Community First: We prioritize the expertise, desires and needs of students and community residents in the neighborhoods where our projects are focused. Their ideas, hopes and dreams matter most. Bottom line, no matter how awesome anyone thinks Life Remodeled projects are, they mean absolutely nothing if they don’t align with the values and ambitions of children, youth and adults who make up the local community.
● Always Find a Way: Our annual goals are always nearly out of reach. Unforeseen circumstances happen. Things change, and we are not only flexible, but we find better solutions than ever before. Every day we are innovating and creating a future that doesn’t yet exist. There is always a way, and our team is made of those who not only believe this, but they make it happen.
● Bold Humility: If you’re only bold, you’re a jerk. If you’re only humble, you’re a doormat. Wielding the balance of these two powerful attributes is what drives Team Life Remodeled to take the form of servant leaders, who value the needs of others over our own with confidence and determination. We embrace our weaknesses and limitations, and we know we all have blind spots. Therefore, we are life-long learners who see every encounter and every challenge as opportunities to learn and grow as human beings.
- Research potential grant opportunities from government agencies, foundations, and other sources aligned with the organization's mission and projects.
- Participate in meetings, webinars, conferences, and networking events to stay informed about funding trends and opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop grant proposals that clearly outline project objectives, budgets, timelines, and expected outcomes.
- Gather and structure LR statistical data and external research for the purpose of preparing grants.
- Prepare and submit grant applications, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and alignment with grant guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive grant management system to track grant applications, awards, deadlines, and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate with the finance department to ensure proper tracking and allocation of grant funds.
- Monitor project progress to ensure compliance with grant terms, objectives, and budgetary restrictions.
- Maintain regular communication with funders to provide updates on project developments and address any inquiries or concerns.
Compliance and Reporting
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of grant reports as required by funding agencies or foundations.
- Prepare narrative and financial reports detailing project accomplishments, challenges faced, and outcomes achieved.
- Collaborate with internal teams to gather necessary data and information for reporting purposes.
- Address any issues related to grant compliance and reporting, working to rectify discrepancies and maintain positive relationships with funders.
- Collaborate with finance and programs teams to create accurate grant budgets that align with project goals and comply with funder requirements.
- Monitor grant expenditures, ensuring that spending is within budgetary limits and adheres to grant guidelines.
/YOU MAY BE THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IF:
- You are enthusiastic and passionate for the mission and values of Life Remodeled.
- You have 3+ years of proven experience working in grants management, including grant writing, acquisition, and reporting.
- You have experience and a track record of success writing complex grant proposals (including government grants).
- You have a strong understanding of budgeting, financial management, and reporting related to grant-funded projects.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- You have attention to detail and strong organizational skills to manage multiple grants and deadlines simultaneously.
- You have knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and compliance standards related to grant funding.
- You are proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, and Database/CRM management (Salesforce preferred).
- You are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- You are able to work independently with little supervision.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills.
- You thrive on great teams.
Please submit resumè and responses to these five questions to Omari Taylor, Chief Advancement Officer, at email@example.com.
- How do you approach identifying potential grant opportunities?
- How do you ensure compliance with grant regulations and guidelines?
- How do you prioritize multiple grant applications simultaneously and what strategies do you use to monitor the progress of grant-funded projects?
- Can you provide an example of a particularly challenging grant application you've worked on? How did you overcome obstacles?
- What steps do you take to build and maintain relationships with funding organizations and donors?
/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Life Remodeled is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are fortunate to receive many inquiries to our job postings, so we will only be able to respond to candidates who most closely match our qualifications. Thank you for understanding!