/POSITION: Maintenance Supervisor
/ACCOUNTABLE TO: Vice President of Opportunity Hubs
/CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Salaried Exempt
/SALARY: $62,000- $66,000 + benefits
/THE ROLE: As a Maintenance Supervisor, your primary responsibility is to oversee and manage the maintenance operations of two opportunity Hubs. Your role is crucial in ensuring that all equipment, machinery, and infrastructure are well-maintained to operate efficiently and safely. Your ability to effectively manage a small maintenance team, contractors, plan and execute maintenance activities, and ensure compliance with regulations will contribute significantly to the success of the organization.
/WHO IS LIFE REMODELED: There’s a lot of talk but not enough walk when it comes to revitalizing Detroit neighborhoods. Detroiters have all the talent they need, but many don’t have access to all the opportunities they deserve. Therefore, Life Remodeled repurposes vacant properties into one-stop hubs of opportunity for entire families to thrive. We fill these spaces with the best and brightest nonprofit organizations that are providing youth programs, workforce development, and human services to tens of thousands of students and community members. We help our nonprofit tenants collaborate and create far greater life transformation together than was previously possible alone. Together, we ensure:
- Detroit students perform at/above grade level in math and reading
- Families have access to essential health and wellness services
- Community members obtain higher-paying jobs and achieve economic self-sufficiency
/COMMITTED TO OPPORTUNITY HUB CORE VALUES:
OPPORTUNITY HUBS ARE COMMUNITY SPACES WHERE:
- Everyone is Family: Through our words and actions, we cultivate a space where everyone is treated with a sense of familiarity and warmth. We exhibit kindness, respect, and compassion like a loving family.
- You can be Yourself: People are accepted for who they are at the DIS, flaws and all. No one needs to put on a mask or pretend to be someone they’re not. People can express their individuality, creativity, and uniqueness, with all of their quirks and idiosyncrasies, without feeling judged or rejected.
- We Practice Above and Beyond Hospitality: Unreasonable hospitality is our defining character and most important virtue. We are committed to going above and beyond in how we treat others by providing more than is expected, ensuring a spatially pleasing environment, and striving for exceptional attention to detail as we serve the needs of others.
- Your Thriving is Our Highest Priority: Our passion is supporting others to succeed and flourish. We view everyone at the DIS as valuable members of the community, and by providing access to resources that support individual and family thriving, we are contributing to the well-being of Detroit neighborhoods as a whole.
/ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain building by performing minor and routine heating, cooling, plumbing, drywall, electrical, and/or other related maintenance activities.
- Schedule and manage major building/grounds repairs and maintenance, minor projects, and other work requests, tracking to completion.
- Evaluate tenant requests for repairs and prioritize completing repairs as appropriate
- Provide information and direction to vendors/general contractors and other service providers as required to ensure excellent coordination and execution of work.
- Manage inventory of spare parts, tools, and equipment needed for maintenance work and order necessary supplies to avoid shortages.
- Assist in managing the maintenance budget and strive to minimize costs while maintaining quality.
- Perform required fire system inspections and testing, fire extinguishers, and safety lighting.
- Keep accurate records of maintenance activities, including repairs, inspections, and maintenance schedules and manage equipment warranties.
- Implement preventive maintenance projects to reduce downtime and equipment failure. This involves conducting regular inspections, routine maintenance, and repairs as needed.
Supervision and Leadership:
- Manage a team of maintenance technicians or mechanics, providing guidance, direction, and support to ensure their productivity and adherence to safety protocols.
- Coordinate with external maintenance service providers, contractors, and equipment vendors as necessary. Ensure their work meets quality standards and is completed within established timelines.
- Develop and implement maintenance schedules and plans to ensure all equipment and facilities are properly maintained.
- Coordinate and perform repairs on machinery, equipment, and systems, or delegate tasks to qualified technicians. Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, electrical, and other issues to address problems promptly.
Compliance with Regulations:
- Stay up-to-date with relevant industry standards, codes, and regulations related to maintenance and ensure the organization's compliance.
- Inspect facilities regularly for defects, analyze problems, and implement corrective measures to ensure a clean, organized, and safe building.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and protocols in all maintenance activities.
/YOU MAY BE THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IF:
- You have 10 + years of proven experience
- You have significant experience in commercial building maintenance or a similar field.
- You have In-depth knowledge of commercial building systems and equipment, including HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning), electrical, plumbing, fire safety systems, elevators, security systems, and other specialized systems.
- Your understanding of commercial building codes, regulations, and safety standards to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal requirements.
- You are good at problem-solving and making informed decisions to address complex maintenance issues during emergencies or critical situations
- You have a strong commitment to safety
- You have basic skills in computer software (specifically email) for maintenance management, record-keeping, and reporting.
- You have the interpersonal skills needed to build positive relationships with tenants, teammates, and external service providers.
- You have a willingness to stay updated on industry trends, new technologies, and best practices in commercial building maintenance to ensure the property remains efficient and up-to-date.
/HOW TO APPLY
- Please submit the resumè to Brandi Haggins, VP of Opportunity Hubs, at firstname.lastname@example.org