About Ideos Institute
Ideos Institute (“Ideos”) is a nonprofit organization working at the intersection of faith, dialogue, and civic engagement. Our mission is to equip and support followers of Christ in their calling to cultivate relationships across lines of difference in a mutual pursuit of deeply knowing and loving their neighbors, putting empathy into action, so that, together, we can solve our greatest challenges.
Summary / Objective
We are currently seeking a Part-Time Executive Assistant (“EA”) to serve as a critical member of the organization’s team. The primary objective of the EA is to provide high-level executive support to Ideos President & CEO Christy Vines to ensure she has the resources and time necessary to accomplish key tasks and organizational initiatives. This position will contribute to the Ideos mission by increasing capacity for Ms. Vines.
The ideal candidate will handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and be able to prioritize incoming demands. He/she must also have the demonstrated ability to deal with highly confidential information and act as a liaison between the P/CEO, VP, the Ideos Board of Directors, and other stakeholders, both internal and external. He/she must exhibit the skills to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization. He/she is also expected to be experienced and efficient, possess excellent people skills, business acumen and an exemplary work ethic.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage P/CEO’s daily calendar, including scheduling meetings, confirming appointments, writing itineraries, and arranging for transportation.
- Prioritize emails and respond when necessary.
- Answer and respond to phone calls, communicate messages and information to P/CEO.
- Draft, review and send communications on behalf of the P/CEO.
- Organize and prepare for meetings, including gathering documents and attending to logistics of meetings.
- Disseminate information and communicate to VP, the Ideos Board of Directors, and other stakeholders on a regular basis through email, phone, and mail.
- Maintain various records and documents for P/CEO.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates are organization-focused. They will represent the P/CEO internally and externally. As a result, strong candidates for this position will ideally:
- Be passionate about Ideos Institute’s mission and vision.
- Have a strong commitment to diversity, with an ability to build relationships among diverse constituencies and communities.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills. Including interpersonal and public speaking.
- Have strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail, including ability to manage multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Have strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Be resourceful and adaptable; ability to work independently and with cross functional teams.
- Have past experience working in a high-performing organization and stressful situations.
- Have a working knowledge of Google Suite.
- Have 5+ years’ experience in providing excellent executive support.
- Have reliable transportation and the ability to meet in-person with P/CEO in the Pasadena, CA area.
- Ability to begin employment April 1, 2022 or sooner.
$20-$25 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Part-time, up to 20 hours per week.
To apply qualified applicants must send cover letter, writing sample and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org