Communications and Marketing Intern
About Ideos Institute:
Ideos Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that works to advance the principles of empathy and empathic intelligence in Christian and public life. Inspired by the Christian principles of biblical justice, restoration, and reconciliation, our programs sit at the intersection of faith, dialogue, and civic engagement. With a multimedia approach, our empathy framework equips engaged citizens and inspired leaders to build their own authentic empathy skills, build cultures of equity, and play a leading role in the creation of redemptive ideas and solutions with others.
Internship Program Overview:
Ideos Institute is currently seeking exceptional interns who are committed to seeking constructive change through empathic dialogue around the complex issues in our world today. This competitive internship will equip future leaders with hands-on experience. Interns will develop robust networks in both faith and democracy sectors while utilizing their skills and talents to further the Ideos message through communication and marketing. Interns will receive supervision and mentorship from Christy Vines, President/CEO and/or Amy Grandpre, COO.
The Comms and Marketing internship program is located at Ideos Institute headquarters in Southern California. (Currently the office is located in Westlake Village, but will be relocating during 2022 to Pasadena, CA). Interns are expected to work an average of 5-8 hours a week, including a weekly meeting with a supervisor. Ideos Interns will assist in communications and marketing tasks, including but not limited to, newsletters, blog posts, and social media. Interns will also be trained in Ideos Institutes’ innovative empathy framework.
Ideos Internships are currently unpaid. However, individuals can (and are encouraged to) seek external funding.
- Commitment to Ideos Institute’s mission, vision and values.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully.
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the work successfully.
- Excellent and prompt written and verbal communications skills with attention to detail.
- Energetic and personable; takes initiative and thinks creatively.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, Squarespace, Canva, and other design/layout software.
- Experience with website and newsletter production and message development, a plus.
To apply, fill out the application form and include a resume/CV.
Internships are on a rolling basis. Applications are accepted year-round.