Director of Advancement
About Ideos Institute
Ideos Institute (“Ideos”) is a nonprofit organization working at the intersection of faith, dialogue, and civic engagement. Our mission is to equip and support followers of Christ in their calling to cultivate relationships across lines of difference in a mutual pursuit of deeply knowing and loving their neighbors, putting empathy into action, so that, together, we can solve our greatest challenges.
Summary / Objective
We are currently seeking a Director of Advancement (“DA”) to serve as a key member of the organization’s external relations team. The primary objective of the DA is to ensure the organization has the financial resources and strategic partnerships necessary to fulfill its mission and vision. This position will contribute to the Ideos mission by increasing, strengthening, and diversifying Ideos’ funding sources, growing the financial support provided by existing donors, developing new donor relationships, and facilitating new strategic partnerships.
The ideal candidate will handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate demands. He/she must also have the demonstrated ability to deal with highly confidential information and act as a liaison between the P/CEO, COO, the Ideos Board of Directors, and other stakeholders, both internal and external. He/she must exhibit the skills to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization. He/she is also expected to be an experienced and efficient leader and must have excellent people skills, business acumen and an exemplary work ethic.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Increase the annual engagement and financial support of existing donor groups to meet/exceed growth objectives.
- Identify and build relationships with new donor prospects, successfully stewarding them through the donor relationship pipeline.
- Facilitate the development of donors at all levels of giving, including, but not limited to estate planning, legacy giving, and planned giving.
- Assist Center Directors to raise funds to support their Center’s work.
- Successfully represent the investment opportunities of Ideos to potential funders and strategic partners.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the P/CEO and COO informed of all critical funding concerns/issues.
- Disseminate information and communicate to donors and partners on a regular basis through email, snail mail, phone, direct mail, etc.
- Plan and execute donor and partner events to raise awareness and support for our work.
- Maintain the organization’s fundraising and CRM systems which houses all donor and partner contacts, notes, financial giving information, etc.
- Report on a regular basis all pertinent and relevant data and statistics to P/CEO and COO.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates should be donor-focused, rather than organization-focused. They function as the donors’ voice within the entire Ideos organization, bringing donor cares and concerns to Ideos leadership and staff. As a result, strong candidates for this position will ideally:
- Be passionate about Ideos Institute’s mission and vision.
- Demonstrate success in cultivating and managing existing and establishing new strategic and donor relationships.
- Have a strong commitment to diversity, with an ability to build relationships among diverse constituencies and communities.
- Serve as the internal expert for core fundraising functions (i.e. relationship management, communication, planning, grant-writing, fund development, reporting, etc.).
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills. Including interpersonal and public speaking.
- Have strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail, including ability to manage multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Have strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Be resourceful and adaptable; ability to work independently and with cross functional teams.
- Have past experience and be comfortable with fundraising and CRM software and management.
- Have a working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Have the ability to travel domestically and internationally, and work weekends and nights when required.
- Hold a Bachelors’ Degree in relevant field; Masters’ Degree a plus.
- Have 5+ years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising, sales or other relevant field.
To apply qualified applicants to email cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org