Donor Engagement Representative
Application deadline: December 04, 2023
The donor engagement representative will support HOPE International’s fundraising efforts by engaging HOPE donors with HOPE’s highly relational approach. These interactions will be focused on communicating gratitude, impact, and invitations for engagement and to give to HOPE International and will primarily consist of email, phone, video, and mailed communications. S/he will be expected to meet annual fundraising, touchpoint, and donor retention goals.
Location: Remote, United States
Salary range: $45,000-$55,000
Reports to: Director of Development
- Promote and contribute to the fulfillment of HOPE International’s mission and vision.
- Develop and implement strategies to engage and cultivate mid-level donors (annual gifts of $1,000-$9,999).
- Manage a portfolio of 600-800 mid-level donors, through stewardship, invitation, and relationship-building activities.
- Collaborate with other Advancement staff to coordinate campaigns and events aimed at engaging and retaining mid-level donors.
- Draft email communications and scripts to use when engaging with mid-level donors.
- Send as many as 40 personalized communications per day to individual donors in their portfolio.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry and management in the donor database system, including recording all interactions with donors as an activity in Salesforce.
- Recommend donors to engage with Regional Representatives when appropriate, and partner to utilize the systems to support this.
- Meet or exceed performance metrics weekly, monthly, and annually related to the number of personalized communications, in various forms, to each donor on the mid-level list.
- Meet or exceed performance metrics related to donor retention, lapsed donor reengagement, and revenue growth.
- Attend weekly development team meetings, staff meetings, and devotions via conference call.
- Attend two week-long staff retreats annually.
- Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Passionate commitment to HOPE’s mission of Christ-centered economic development.
- Passionate about sharing the mission of HOPE.
- Proven ability to learn new systems and utilize CRM platforms to track engagement.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable making phone calls.
- Energized by the prospect of completing a large number of tasks each day.
- Energized by setting a clear plan for daily tasks and tracking the completion of them.
- Three plus years of administrative, fundraising, sales or other relevant professional experience strongly preferred.
- Established track record of self-management.
- Ability to collaborate well with others across the organization.
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time and administrative task management.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- International experience and cross-cultural skills helpful.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.