Application deadline: December 03, 2023
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead the planning and execution of training activities for HOPE Benin. This includes coordinating training logistics as well as ensuring that training is done in accordance with HOPE’s Savings Group methodology. Additionally, this role will guide the development, translation, and distribution of training schedules and materials, as well as the measurement of training effectiveness. These responsibilities will be done under the supervision of HOPE Benin Country Director.
Location: Abomey-Calavi or Cotonou, Benin (preferred),
Reports to: Country Director
- Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International
- Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Ensure a personal healthy spiritual balance within family, work, and church life through the adoption of Biblical, personal, and spiritual disciplines
- Support weekly devotions among HOPE staff in order to maintain a focus on the program’s Christ-centered mission and to promote spiritual growth among staff, facilitators, and Savings Group members
- Training Activities
- Plan for and facilitate training sessions to equip Church Facilitators with the Restore Church Facilitator Guide
- Coordinate and assist with the facilitation of Field Coordinator initial trainings and monthly meetings
- Provide oversight and leadership on all training activities for Church Partners
- Assess training needs for HOPE Benin and Church Partner staff and volunteers in order to address competency gaps
- Equip Field Coordinators with a Savings Group mentoring guide and monitor its effective use in monthly facilitator mentoring meetings
- Work with HOPE Central Service Unit (CSU) based in Lancaster, USA, training staff to develop training plans
- In collaboration with the Technical Advisor, maintain and update training records and document training needs within the Benin Savings Group Program
- Review partners' trainings reports and provide HOPE Benin leadership with updates on training accomplishments and the training plans
- Design mechanisms to ensure quality and effective training outputs at all levels of the Savings Group Program in Benin
- Use the developed tools for measuring and evaluating training effectiveness among participants
- Ensure that HOPE’s mission and vision are upheld in all training sessions
- Train Church Facilitators on group formation expectations and processes
- Initiate and maintain ongoing healthy communication with Ministry Coordinators and Field Coordinators
- Submit timely individual and monthly training reports to Country Director & HOPE’s training team
- Participate in monthly training calls with the Savings Group Global Training Specialist
- Attend necessary HOPE Saving Group trainings and meetings
- Training Materials
- Facilitate necessary translation & revision of training materials
- Ensure that HOPE’s training materials are produced with quality and available for trainings in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the HOPE training team to facilitate curriculum development for HOPE Benin training needs
- Provide feedback to the HOPE training team on curriculum effectiveness and the need for revision/adaptation
- Coordinate successful implementation of the certification process for Coordinators and Facilitators
- Other Duties
- Will perform other duties as requested by HOPE Benin leadership
- Commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Qualifying degree in finance, accounting, business administration, education, or similar field of study.
- A minimum of three years of experience in an NGO or nonprofit organization is required. Preferably in the area of or similar to adult learning and education.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication.
- Excellent computer-based communication skills and working knowledge of basic IT.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, French, and Fon.
- Willing to travel up to 30-35% of the time, both within Benin and occasionally to other HOPE countries.
- Assertive self-starter with the confidence to ask hard questions, to work independently and in collaboration with a team, and hold management accountable.
- Highly flexible and willing to work in highly stressful, frustrating, and sometimes dangerous situations.