Operations - Finance and HR (Remote)
Accounting & Finance, People & HR, Operations
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2023
Goalbook’s mission is to empower teachers to transform instruction so that ALL students can succeed. We partner with 1,000+ school districts across 46 states, working closely with district and school leaders to create scalable change in instructional practice.
Who We’re Looking For
This role executes on essential behind-the-scenes functions of operations, which includes finance, HR, compliance, legal, travel, and IT. You’ll collaborate with other teams and assist with people operations and sales operations. At its core, this role functions as the glue of the company, ensuring that every team member across the country is fully supported by the organization.
At Goalbook, we are focused on building a sustainable long-term business with an incredible team experience that achieves long-term impact, and our company’s operations reflect these ideals. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the inner workings of a business, and who is motivated to contribute to those functions that keep a business running and impactful.
- Finance operations: Execute and manage day-to-day financial transactions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, processing of customer payments and expense reimbursements, state compliance reporting, and supporting team members to reconcile travel and business expenses.
- HR operations: supporting the work of HR operations including HR systems and data management, on-boarding and off-boarding procedures, IT support, executing company-wide policies and processes.
- Vendor Management: Collaborate with vendors to resolve payment discrepancies and ensure timely processing of invoices. Manage incoming vendor, business insurance or legal requests, and gather required information and materials so contracts can move forward efficiently.
- Process Improvement: Identify areas for process improvement and efficiency. Establish and enforce consistent and equitable organizational policies. Build relationships of trust with members across teams and collaborate to improve processes.
- Provide support to colleagues on the Operations Team in various functional areas as needed, including legal, compliance, travel, conferences, office, and team activities.
- Limited travel is required, including for onboarding, professional development, and team events.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years operations experience in a startup environment
- Highly organized - you are obsessed with creating order and consistency
- Detail oriented - you can catch the small stuff and read the fine print
- Skilled in writing clearly and succinctly
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a doer - this is an extremely hands-on role
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- 65-100k compensation range, based on experience and location
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage- Safe Harbor 401k matching
- Flexible time off policy
- Goalbook Family and Medical Leave
- Goalbook Universal Basic Income
- A truly motivated, passionate, and fun team. We’re collectively interested in helping you grow in your career.
Submit an application addressed to Sarah Medal, and provide a cover letter, resume, LinkedIn profile, and how you heard about us. This role is remote.
For the safety of our team members, Goalbook requires employees to test for COVID-19 to attend in-person team events.
Goalbook is committed to building a diverse team that can understand and serve ALL students in the US public school system. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all people of diversity, including those with diverse needs, backgrounds, abilities, and other distinct characteristics.
Learn more about working at Goalbook! Check out our teammates’ stories: https://goalbookapp.com/careers
Please Beware of Recruiting Scams
As you explore job opportunities at Goalbook, we urge you to be cautious of recruitment scams in which fraudsters pretend to represent our company by utilizing the name, image, and likeness of Goalbook team members. The only way to apply to our roles is directly through our website. All communications and calendar invitations will come from a team member with a @goalbookapp.com email address. All interviews are conducted through video calls directly with our team members via Google Meet or Zoom.