At Goalbook, our mission is to empower teachers to transform instruction so that ALL students can succeed. We partner with 700 school districts in 47 states, working closely with them to support educators with improving instructional practice.
Our first core value is Relationships. We believe in the power of human connection and the importance of relationships across different strengths, backgrounds, personalities, and identities in order to achieve our shared goals and overall mission.
Our second core value is Growth. We strive to create a challenging and supportive environment so that people are continuously growing as professionals and increasing their impact. We also believe in having the time, space, and support to grow in our personal lives as well.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a results-oriented, empathetic leader who can drive project outcomes through strategic decision-making, immaculate record keeping, and leveraging the strengths of others. In this role, you will coach & direct our full-time Content Production team, in areas such as project management, data analysis, people management, content quality, and systems design.
The members of our full-time Content Production team are responsible for assigning & managing project-based contracts that are executed by a large team of contracted content creators. As a production manager, you will support our full-time team to solve problems related to working with a large contracted team. Additionally, you will be responsible for implementing cultural, hiring and retention systems for the contracted team, including ensuring that the team is diverse, inclusive, and anti-racist so that our content can best support a more equitable school system.
- Direct manager for multiple members of the full-time Content Production team
- Coach & develop others to deliver key outcomes for their job (quality, efficiency, culture)
- Hold team members accountable to utilize & follow systems with fidelity
- Own Content Production outcomes related to project delivery of user-facing instructional content
- Communicate company-wide about production team progress, goals, and content ownership
- Lead cultural and learning initiatives for full time and contracted production teams
- Conduct quarterly and annual growth conversations with direct reports
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience as a manager of full time and part time employees
- Has led individuals and/or teams to meet organizational goals
- Designing and scaling workflow systems
- Demonstrated improvements in workflow systems efficiency, quality, and user engagement
- Experience in education and/or product development (education products preferred)
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism
- Clear communicator that can make the complex simple
Limited travel is required, including for onboarding, professional development, and team events.
- Salary in the range of 90-120k
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Safe Harbor 401k matching
- Flexible time off policy
- Goalbook Family and Medical Leave
- Goalbook Universal Basic Income
- A truly motivated, passionate, and fun team. We’re collectively interested in helping you grow in your career.
Submit an application addressed to Blair Beuttler, and provide your cover letter, resume, LinkedIn, and how you heard about the role. Applicants will not be considered without a cover letter. This position can be based remotely.
For the safety of our team members, Goalbook requires employees to test for COVID-19 to attend in-person team events.
Goalbook is committed to building a diverse and passionate team that is ready to serve all students in the US public school system. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all people of diversity, including those with diverse needs, backgrounds, abilities, and other distinct characteristics.
on LinkedIn and stay up-to-date on our latest work and opportunities. Learn more about what it's like to be part of Goalbook's Content Team from Hannah, Kristina
, and Ryan
. Check out more team members' stories on Medium