Goalbook’s mission is to empower teachers to transform instruction so that ALL students can succeed. We partner with 700 school districts across 47 states, working closely with district and school leaders to improve instructional practice. Goalbook was founded in 2011 by Daniel Jhin Yoo and Justin Su, both former teachers and administrators.
Who We’re Looking For
This role executes on essential behind-the-scenes functions of operations, which includes finance, compliance, legal, travel, IT, and other administrative and team support. You’ll collaborate with other teams and assist with people operations and sales operations. At its core, this role functions as the glue of the company, ensuring that every team member across the country is fully supported by the organization. This role is remote, but based on the East Coast, with a strong preference for the Tri-State Area.
At Goalbook, we are focused on building a sustainable long-term business that achieves long-term impact, and our company’s operations reflect these ideals. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the inner workings of a business, and who is motivated to contribute to those functions that keep a business running and impactful.
- Collaborate with the Operations team on finance and accounting processes, including account payables and receivables, collections, and processing of customer payments.
- Manage incoming vendor, business insurance or legal requests, and gather required information and materials so contracts can move forward efficiently.
- Provide travel support to team members, and reconcile travel and business expenses monthly.
- Navigate and execute on district and state compliance requirements.
- Provide onboarding and IT support to team members.
- Establish and enforce consistent and equitable organizational policies. Build relationships of trust with members across teams and collaborate to improve processes.
- Help provide support to colleagues on the Operations team in various areas as needed.
- Semi-regular commute to a local office may be required to support office activities, including inventory maintenance and preparing shipments.
- Limited travel is required, including for onboarding, professional development, and team events.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years operations experience in a startup environment
- Highly organized - you are obsessed with creating order and consistency
- Detail oriented - you can catch the small stuff and read the fine print
- Skilled in writing clearly and succinctly
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a doer - this is an extremely hands-on role
- 65-100k compensation range, based on experience and location
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Safe Harbor 401k matching
- Flexible time off policy
- Goalbook Family and Medical Leave
- Goalbook Universal Basic Income
- A truly motivated, passionate, and fun team. We’re collectively interested in helping you grow in your career.
Submit an application addressed to Sarah Medal, and provide a cover letter, resume, LinkedIn profile, and how you heard about us. This role is remote, but based on the East Coast, with a strong preference for the Tri-State Area.
For the safety of our team members, Goalbook requires employees to test for COVID-19 to attend in-person team events.
Goalbook is committed to building a diverse team that can understand and serve ALL students in the US public school system. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all people of diversity, including those with diverse needs, backgrounds, abilities, and other distinct characteristics.
Learn more about working at Goalbook! Check out our teammates’ stories: