Homecoming Program Coordinator
Position: Homecoming Program Coordinator
Immediate Report: Director of Therapeutic & Reentry Services
Job Supervision Duty: Homecoming Fellow
Fathers’ UpLift is the country’s first mental health and substance abuse treatment facility for fathers and families, helping fathers become and remain emotionally stable for their children. Fathers’ UpLift uses peer coaching, father-child therapy, training, youth programs, and support for incarcerated and recently released fathers to honor and rehabilitate the relationship between thousands of fathers and families in the Boston area. In their outpatient clinic, over 800 fathers and families receive mental health services from clinicians trained in trauma who reflect the population being served. Outside of the clinic, Fathers’ UpLift partners with community centers, substance abuse programs, and other agencies to build a holistic approach to helping fathers rebuild their lives and their relationship with their families.
About the Homecoming Program
Integral to our efforts with fathers re-entering society is our Fathers’ Homecoming program, where Fathers’ UpLift staff work with both incarcerated populations and program participants post-release. We meet our fathers at the prison gate, escort them to their homes, monitor their mental health, and assist in creating a pathway for success. With Fathers’ UpLift’s Fathers’ Homecoming Program, licensed staff, social workers, and coaches work with incarcerated fathers three months before their release. During this time, the fathers work on developing core skills and learning how to connect in healthy ways with family members in efforts to build relationships that are supportive and impactful in the hope that they have stronger bonds with their family and their community when they are released.
General Coordinator Duties
The following list of duties is intended only to describe the various types of work that may be performed and the level of the assignment’s technical complexity (s) and is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties. The omission of a specific duty statement does not exclude it from the position if the work is consistent with the classification concept or is similar or closely related to another duty statement.
Program Coordination & Development:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Homecoming Program; including facilitating daily individual and group meetings
- Assist the Director of Therapeutic and Reentry Services in overseeing coaches productivity and documentation, ensuring all documentation is entered timely and accurately
- Attend monthly productivity meetings and collaborate regularly with Billing and Compliance departments to ensure coaches’ output adheres to agency requirements
- Manage partnerships with existing and potential community partners/resources for Homecoming program participants
- Oversee the Bags For Dads Initiative, providing direct supervision to the Homecoming Fellow
- Implement effective data management strategies, including weekly data collection and entry into internal and external databases
- Participate in data evaluation, to include analysis of data, feedback, and recommendations
- Periodically evaluate the quality of care provided and program participants’ overall satisfaction
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide direct supervision to the Homecoming Fellow assigned to the Bags for Dads Initiative
- Oversee all data and documentation relevant to Homecoming Program services
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong alignment with Fathers’ UpLift mission and values.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including facilitation of meetings and note-taking.
- Ability to be an effective liaison and exceptional professional.
- Ability to set and maintain strong professional boundaries.
- Ability to anticipate, plan, and build with a team.
- Ability to provide explicit directives and manage follow-through of tasks.
- Ability to multitask, organize information, and pay attention to detail
- Detail-oriented and able to provide detailed feedback to team members
- Ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs to include Microsoft Office, Word and