Vice President of Operations
Connections Homes is an Atlanta-based nonprofit growing nationally which is focused on youth 18-24 who’ve aged out of foster care or are otherwise without safe, stable connected adults in their lives. Our mission is to prevent poverty and homelessness for at-risk and vulnerable youth without a family by connecting them to a Mentoring Family who commits to being a part of their life for life. Our vision is to enable youth without a family to thrive in life and impact the world from the security of a healthy connection to an adult who cares. We work toward the fulfillment of this vision through a Choice-Based Matching Model™ and our Redemptive Connection Framework.
Leadership roles at our Central Support levels are critical to our success. The Vice President, Operations reports directly to the Founder & CEO and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and objectives. The VP, Operations will be responsible for the development of Connections Homes’ financial management strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic scale goals. In addition to the strategic components, the VP will be charged with developing and implementing more sophisticated policies and procedures in finance, human resources, and general operations.
· Assure that the organization’s long-range program strategy to achieve its mission is implemented and prioritized throughout the organization and across program implementation via affiliates.
· Advise the Founder & CEO and other key members of the leadership team on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, financial priorities, and policy matters.
· Serve as the management liason to the board financial committee, effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the Founder & CEO and select board committees.
· Oversee, direct, and organize the organizations finance and general operations.
· Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the Founder & CEO informed of all critical issues.
· Work alongside the Founder & CEO to deepen the culture & values of the organization through excellent human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
· Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking, technology, and facility negotiations.
· Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
· Ensure Connections Homes’ is adhering to the strategic plan, delivering status reports to the Founder & CEO and Board of Directors.
· Improve administrative and operational accounting services including grants management, payroll, accounts payable, and purchasing/expense tracking.
· See that the Founder & CEO is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and important factors influencing it.
· Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
· Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
· Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
· Produce regular reporting materials for the Founder & CEO’s use in keeping the Board of Directors informed of activity and outcomes in the state.
Staff / Management Responsibilities:
· Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of finance, human resources, and operations team members.
· Ensure that job descriptions are followed and regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resources practices are adhered to.
· Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and commitment to quality.
· Ensure team members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
· Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, create annual performance appraisal rhythm, and work with managers to administer salary adjustments.
· Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates diverse staff of top-quality individuals.
· 10+ years executive experience in finance with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change/scale management to join in a high-growth, mission driven organization.
· Business or accounting degree. Masters in Business Administration and/or CPA preferred.
· Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
· Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
· Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
· Prior experience working with youth who’ve experienced trauma.
· Understanding and experience with trauma-informed practices
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· An ability to navigate technology including Airtable, Little Green Light, Google Suite, and Slack.
· Reliable transportation is required.
Faith & Culture
Connections Homes is a faith-based organization with a published Statement of Faith (available on our website at connectionshomes.org). Applicants must demonstrate a serious commitment to following Jesus Christ. As an organization we’ve made a commitment to strengthening our organizational culture through rhythms such as team prayer, company-wide observation of Sabbath, regular devotions, and following the principles of the Praxis Rule of Life for Redemptive Entrepreneurs (rule.praxislabs.org). We believe that our work and service to the youth and families in our care is driven and empowered by our commitment and service to Jesus Christ.
Salary Range: $95,000 - $110,000, depending on experience
Health, Dental, & Vision
Generous vacation structure