City Link Center
Position & Description:
If you are seeking an opportunity to utilize your strategic, relationship, and implementation skills to make lasting systems change in socio-economic mobility, this role is for you.
After 10-years of growth and learning, CityLink is positioned to approach systemic issues through tangible projects to elevate our mission within our walls and beyond. The CityLink Labs Director will direct special projects that have potential for significant leverage. Examples of projects include launch of an Affiliate Network, management of a new funding model pilot, and testing predictive evaluations and analytics.
As each of the initiatives mature, the Labs Director will hire and lead team members for on- going management or implementation support. To achieve successful outcomes, the role will need to coordinate efforts of team members and third-party contractors, volunteers, or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. CityLink will be the environment for much of the applied learning, so the individual needs to be adept at working cross-functionally and communicating across the team. Key to this work is the objective evaluation and capturing of learning through the process.
Mission and Vision Support:
The Labs Director directly supports CityLink’s vision and mission through helping us to connect, learn, and grow. The ability for the role to understand context for our work, situations in other communities, opportunities for shared learning and growth will enable long-term success for the center and the network.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned as appropriate):
Develop the Affiliate Network:
• Connect with existing leaders of centers interested in network, solicit input and input
• Reconnect with historic leads and sites interested in model
• Continue to facilitate process for organizations interested in model, continue to build upon modules and approach of web-based platform
• Incorporate additional affiliates information into web-based platform and determine their desire to support or outsource replication support for their respective inquiries
Drive Connectivity & Learning in Affiliate Network:
• Identify and prioritize learning opportunities in regards to aspects of operating center (programming, partnership, volunteer engagement, fundraising, etc).
• Facilitate intentional connectivity and learning with different functional areas in centers.
• Facilitate quarterly leadership calls with agendas, information, and approach to drive learning and improvement opportunities.
• Facilitate annual gathering for peer to peer learning at Affiliate Site
Lead Evaluation and Continuous Improvement:
• For Affiliate Partners, support data aggregation and evaluation with 3rd party analyst
• Summarize information and identify areas of differentiated performance to understand any best practices and share within the network
• Support interest in sharing and adoption of programs and partners throughout network by summarizing opportunities and facilitating exploration
Manage Special Initiatives:
• Assist in identifying, then coordinate and manage special initiative development from beginning to end which are short-term in nature but key projects to extend impact locally or nationally
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support organization goals in collaboration with key stakeholders, develop full-scale project plans and communications documents.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders
• Track project milestones and deliverables, develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
• Mature in faith and committed to continuous growth
• People Person – interest in connecting with others and facilitating connections
• Strategic – Ability to think strategically across multiple priorities and initiatives
• Solution Focused – high initiative as self-starter and focused on what is possible, and willing to role up sleeves in order to get the job done
• Organized – High organizational skills and follow-through
• Flexible yet Focused – ability to work through ambiguous and challenging situations
Education and Experience
• Possess a bachelor’s degree in applicable field
• Experience working cross-functionally
• Preference for experience in change management or continuous improvement
• Experience in working in highly collaborative environment with multiple partners
• Action orientation, demonstrated ability to go from idea to implementation
• Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
• Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
• Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job
• Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
• Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment
• Hours are generally Monday through Friday during workday
• Role may require some travel (<10%) to site visits to other centers
Time Commitment: 40 hours /week
Reports To: Johnmark Oudersluys, Executive Director of CityLink Center