City Link Center
CityLink Center Service Coordinator
CityLink Vision: Working Together. Reducing Poverty. Changing Lives.
CityLink Mission: To show God’s love to those in need by providing an integrated path to holistic life change.
Position & Description: To provide comprehensive assessment and evaluation of CityLink client needs,
then plan, implement and support CityLink clients’ goals. The overall goal of the position is to enhance
the quality of client experience, to promote continuity of care and cost-effectiveness through the
integrating and functions of case management. Service Coordinators are accountable for the care of the
client, as well as coordination and planning of clients’ service plans. The job of the Service Coordinator is
to identify clients’ needs and connect them to CityLink resident and visiting partners and volunteers,
working with a long-term advancement plan, to help clients achieve holistic advancement.
Mission and Vision Support: CityLink’s mission is to reach those in need; the Service Coordinator is our
front-line interface with the client. The approach, care, and tenor of the clients’ experience will be
established through the initial contact with the Service Coordinator and through the on-going
relationships they manage.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned as appropriate):
● Conduct orientation for people considering enlisting in CityLink services, give an overview of the center,
approach, and on-site services. Coordinate these efforts with volunteers and service providers.
● Facilitate intake and assessment for clients to evaluate current resource strengths and needs, identify
future goals, and establish a resource path for completion of goals.
● Perform ongoing service coordination: the creation of workplan, enlistment of client in services,
coordination, and support of workplan and goal completion.
● The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the primary functions of this job.
● Manage client records, referrals, and service contacts for client benefit.
● Respect client confidentiality at all times, in public, during professional meetings, and in
consultative and personal conversations.
● High commitment to connecting clients with available resources.
● Treat all clients with respect.
● Refer clients for services critical for advancement, but not offered at CityLink.
● Mature in faith and committed to continuous growth
● Ability to think strategically across multiple priorities and initiatives
● Self-starter and solution-focused
● High organizational skills and follow-through
● Relationship Builder/ Collaborator – works well with diverse groups of people
● Ability to work through challenging situations
Education and Experience
● Possess a degree in Social Work or a closely related field with relevant experience
● Experience in mobilizing and managing large numbers of volunteers
● Experience in working in a highly collaborative environment with multiple partners
● Knowledge of management principles and evaluation methods for continuous improvement
● Understanding of and appreciation for client metrics and outcomes measurements
● Proficient in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft and web applications
● Understanding of case management protocol and best practices
● Record-keeping skills
● Organization and planning skills
● Humility, empathy, compassion
● Ability to constructively deliver invitation and challenge for clients, co-workers, and volunteers
● Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists.
● Demonstrated capability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing
with the public and/or with difficult situations
● Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
● Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
● Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job
● Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
● Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions
● Ability to simultaneously work on multiple initiatives in a dynamic environment.
● The Center is open from 8a-5p, Monday-Friday, the majority of hours should align with operations.
● Must be available for special events, meetings, and trainings
● 40+ hours /week
Reports To: CityLink Center Client Services Manager
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]