Director of Marketing
Charityvest is building the modern community foundation platform, starting with the world's best donor-advised fund. The organization believes meaningful giving is best encouraged by simplicity, intentionality, and community.
Donor-advised funds (DAFs) are investable charitable giving accounts that allow people to manage their giving with greater purpose and simplicity.
Charityvest is seeking a Director of Marketing.
You will be responsible for effectively communicating Charityvest's value to prospective donors and dynamically engaging Charityvest's existing donors in ways that support Charityvest's growth objectives. This includes managing Charityvest's positioning, messaging, and brand assets and owning our efforts to grow Charityvest's reach and adoption.
You will work closely with the CEO to align on goals, lead our relationships with relevant contractors/agencies, and interface with our entire team to build a deep understanding of our product and operations, identify new opportunities to communicate value, and manage cross-functional marketing initiatives.
To help enable future success, you will also deliver donor-centric insights to our executive team to support the ongoing development of the Charityvest value proposition.
We are lean team and this role will encompass a broad and exciting range of responsibilities that will grow over time.
What you might do day-to-day:
- Own and execute Charityvest's ongoing marketing-driven growth initiatives within content, paid, social, email, and performance marketing. To that end, you will also manage Charityvest's marketing contractors, agencies, or employees to support execution as necessary.
- Manage Charityvest's brand alongside the CEO, such as managing key messaging, our website, and brand partnerships.
- Produce and revise marketing content---either directly or through outside resources---to best showcase Charityvest's latest features, use cases, partnerships, and donor stories.
- Support Charityvest's PR agency on storytelling and branding initiatives.
- Support Charityvest cross-functional efforts that enable more growth:
- In-app marketing
- Referral program(s)
- Development of Charityvest's "Learn Center"
What we're looking for in a candidate:
- A belief that giving is a valuable part of a rich life; a desire to help donors advance on their personal giving journey.
- Strong empathetic capacity and emotional intelligence instincts; the ability to identify and articulate what will resonate with others.
- Elite written communication & copywriting skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and a penchant for organizational process.
- A keen natural curiosity, especially as it relates to our unique financial product.
- 3+ years of experience managing and executing fintech startup marketing (or closely related).
Example backgrounds that might fit this role:
- A marketing manager with responsibilities in content/brand marketing at a software technology company
- Head of Marketing at a fintech startup
- Senior consultant at a marketing agency focused on content marketing working closely with fintech and/or venture-backed companies
- A strategy analyst, writer, or manager with demonstrable interest, experience, and capacity in brand management & content marketing, such as building a successful marketing-driven prior venture or side hustle.
- A culture that cares about you personally, independent of your professional contributions
- A unique opportunity to influence American culture with an others-centered ethic
- A work-from-home / remote-friendly default environment
- Competitive salary and early-stage stock options
- Generous, considerate paid vacation + paid parental leave policies
- Health insurance with 80% of employee costs covered (+ 60% of family costs)
- Modern 401K plan through Guideline with 100% match up to 4% of salary
- $1,000 in annual charitable giving matching
- Office in Midtown Atlanta with big windows, covered parking, top-shelf microkitchen
We are committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.